Now Hiring - Full Time Worship Leader
Worship Leader to work with our existing volunteer team to design and lead worship services that engage our body in honoring God and celebrating his goodness. Our two Sunday morning services are casual, with contemporary worship and biblical teaching that applies to everyday life. About 360 adults attend worship services, and another 130 children and students participate in programs that run concurrently with worship services.
Who We Are
Here’s how we describe ourselves: Trinity is a place where you can connect with God and with other people. You’ll find a family of authentic people embracing each other and their spiritual journey. If your current journey is in a season of limbo or a season of certainty, this is a place where you can feel at home. Whether experiencing community in one of our small groups, changing the world on one of our mission trips, or worshiping God in one of our Sunday services, we invite you to join us as we listen to Jesus’ call and answer with our lives.
Who You Are – Someone Who
• Loves Jesus and lives a life honoring to him
• Has experience in leading worship in a church
• Has a relational stage presence that connects with the church body
• Leads in a manner that grows and encourages leadership in others, especially for our worship, tech, and drama teams
• Can take on additional ministry responsibility consistent with your gifts
POSITION DESCRIPTION – WORSHIP LEADER
• Create and develop a worship environment consistent with our worship philosophy and church culture
• Create worship elements and set list(s) to complement each week’s message
• Organize and oversee weekly adult worship team rehearsal and Sunday worship services
• Develop and execute special events related to worship arts
• Recruit, develop, and coordinate leaders and volunteers
• Recruit and guide Youth Worship Team leaders
• Cast vision for worship to worship team and church body
• Multiply and grow our worship ministry
• Demonstrated proficiency in vocal and/or instrumental music performance
• Ability to clearly articulate the purpose of each weekly worship set
• Demonstrated ability to arrange, adapt, notate, transcribe, and/or format music with consideration of varied instrumentation
• Ability to ensure accuracy and format of music/chord sheets or lead sheets
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in music theory with an emphasis on chordal progression, structure, and notation
• Experience in leading volunteer teams
• Knowledge in managing audio/visuals related to the worship experience
• Understanding and articulation of a theology of worship
• Working knowledge of audio support equipment
Work Schedule, Compensation & Benefits
Regularly: Sunday mornings, 4 weekdays in office, weekly evening worship practice (currently Tuesdays), other times as needed. Practice and set-up for special events as needed. Compensation and potential pastoral appointment to be negotiated. Benefits include health insurance, HSA, Simple IRA, paid personal and sick leave, cell phone, and continuing professional development.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward resume’, video clips/links, statements of interest, and/or other relevant material to email@example.com. Requests for further information about this position can be directed to the TBC Search Team at the same e-mail address.